Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pallet Wine Racks

I loved these wine racks when I saw them on the Internet. I have access to many, many pallets and I thought that I had to try and make one, it can't be that hard, they look simple enough. I was right to a point, they are easy to make but it is extremely hard to take apart a pallet!. so once we found the best way to do that, (sawzall), it went much better. Different types of wood are used to make pallets and the first one I made was Oak, very heavy and hard oak, but beautiful. The second one had some pine or more likely spruce, it too is beautiful but lighter. I am going to make some variations now, shorter ones for people with smaller wall spaces, ones with shelves, who knows! I am excited about trying different things though.

No comments:

Post a Comment